Wednesday, January 6

TOUCH THE SKY CLOTHING: Timothy Lassiter

Timothy Lassiter, a North Carolina born - Boston bound designer brings us a pure developing talent and passion. With an exclusive interview — we found out the facts behind him and Touch The Sky Clothing Co., which he coproduce with friend, Your'Majesty Gilmore.

De M.O.
:

Let's know a little bit about yourself?

T. Lassiter:
I was born in North Carolina on May 22,1991; I'm the youngest out of ten. My firat love is basketball and basketball is actually a big reason I started to design clothes (well atleast tees). From 7th grade through high school, I would make custom shirts with basketball pictures and sell them or just wear it for myself. I didn't really like when the rockstar fad and whole skinny jeans and too much tight shit. Plus there were messages on the clothing that was whack like atleast if your gonna make clothes don't just throw whatever is hot on it you have to bring your personal style... So my 11th grade year, I started the clothing line along with my long time friend Your'Majesty Gilmore.

De M.O
. :
Do you know when was the first time it hit you that you wanted to design or was it simply a source of self-expression?

T. Lassiter:
I was always in to art, like everyone who was close to me knew if I wasn't playing ball - I was drawing something. For an artist you love to see people admire your creation.
I'll say it was fall of my 11th grade year and I was at a store with my mom and some jeans had death written across the seat of the pants. Thats when I said, "Whoa people are just putting out anything now who better to offer an alternative then me."

De M.O.
:
Besides the obvious .. Touch The Sky .. Why and how long did it take you and your boy to come up with it?

T. Lassiter
:
Well it was actually a female
And we came up for the name one night on aim just shooting out ideas back and forth. And I said what about TTS and she's like what does that mean i said Touch THe Sky Clothing Co. whats flyer then that! But it took us a couple months maybe four to actually get everything together as far as registering the business, coming up with some solid designs, and also making connections with people who could help us start in a good space.
I went to my computer teacher, who also taught a course on entrepreneurship and I got some advice from her and a text book and read everything I felt like could help me.

De M.O.
:
What did you keep in mind that made you see that things were definitely possible?

T. Lassiter
:
I really just kept in my mind that if I want to do something I have to believe in myself first. If I had no one helping me I would still be doing the same things I'm doing because I have a vision on where I want to go.

De M.O.
:
What are articles of clothing that you are making or see yourself making later on?

T. Lassiter
:
As of now I make scarves tee sweaters and hoodies for men and women. I want to move on to hats jackets even some accessories; But the possibilities are really endless !
I really want to branch the brand out to many things like music movies and just art like thats where my mind is at.

De M.O.
:
So in the future, near or far, what would you want to ultimately call yourself?

T. Lassiter
:
An artist...
That word embodies my life. every action is self expression. 
Every piece of art is a piece of its creator.

De M.O.
:
So you're studying for a degree in Graphic Design...

T. Lassiter
:
Yes - I chose GD so I wouldn't limit myself to fashion.

De M.O.
:
What is your favorite item that you've designed so far?

T. Lassiter
:
This shirt called "Dead Presidents" because I just felt like you I'm mad ill after I designed it.
Shit that would be the illest pic to use because its epic lol

De M.O.
:
What are some words that you would use to describe TTS?

T. Lassiter
:

If I was describing TTS I would say oringinal, creative, timeless, innovative, and pure.

De M.O.
:
And the logo ?

T. Lassiter
:
The logo is pretty self explanatory - reach for your sky until you own it. Touch The Sky means go for your goals and don't worry about naysayers and haters conquer your dreams; the cloud is cloud nine.
_______________________________________________________

With an ambitious attitude and clothing company progressing towards a bright future, Timothy Lassiter is young and talented - proven in his designs!