Monday, June 28

PA Jewelry

Perpetual Anastasia Hayfron was born in Worcester, Massachusetts to parents of West African descent. Her mother is from Liberia and her father is from Ghana. In 2008 she graduated from Burncoat High School in Worcester. During that time, she participated in the T.A.P (Teen Apprenticeship Program) program for two years and took several art classes, specifically, glassblowing, textiles, wood and metals. She took what she learned from that program and implemented those skills to create her own jewelry.

Perpetual transferred from Bay State College in 2009 and currently attends New England Institute of Art pursuing a B.S in Fashion and Retail Management. Since moving to the Boston area she has collaborated with local designers such as Olivia Chow, and Samenta Agee. She also displayed her work during Boston Fashion Week in 2009 and received reviews from the Boston Bazaar stating her work as “revolutionary” and that “Her wire pieces of bronze, coppers, and gold with splashes of color transformed art structures into couture jewelry of the future.”

Perpetual pieces consist of brass, copper, and steel wire and are inspired by simple shapes. Her pieces are one of a kind and come in a variety of shapes and sizes.


DMO: When did it all start?

I created my first piece of jewelry when I was fifteen at this program called T.A.P (teen apprenticeship program) I participated in during high school. Perpetual Anastasia Jewelry didn't officially launch until September 27, 2009 when I did my first showcase in Boston Fashion Week with iMan Fashion Group.

DMO: What's behind Perpetual Anastasia Jewelry?

What's behind Perpetual Anastasia Jewelry is my determination to live up to my name. Perpetual means everlasting and I want my pieces to leave an "everlasting" impression on everyone who sees and wears them.

DMO: Where did you get your artist flare from?

Since I was a child I always was doing creative things from drawing pictures to creating my own nail polish colors. I went to Girls Incorporated of Worcester everyday and you could always find me in the arts and crafts room or the kitchen since I love to eat. The women on my mother's side of the family are also creative. My mother was a caterer, I have a cousin who designs clothing, and a sister who is an interior designer.

DMO: How do you strive to be unique?

The thing that makes me unique is that I don't strive to be. I am who I am and that's all I can be. Everyone in the world was born unique so there's no need to try we just need to all be ourselves.

DMO: Is there a designer that you find inspiration from?

I pull much of my inspiration from simple shapes such as squares, triangles, circles etc.

DMO: Besides jewelry, what other aspects of design or fashion would you like to get involved in?

Jewelry is my first love. I've been playing with the idea of creating my own textiles and hair accessories. I'd also like to get involved in the legal aspects of the fashion industry.

DMO: How are you finding your way in pursuing something great?

I'm finding my way in pursuing something great by know where I'm going and not forgetting where I came from. I also surround myself with positive, intelligent, innovative, creative individuals which provides a positive atmosphere around me. I feel as long as I stay positive, dedicated to my craft, determined, open minded and harbor a burning desire to learn each an everyday whenever I can there is no way I cannot succeed.
__________________ 

To Get Your Own Piece of PA Jewelry or Contact Perpetual, Hit Up:

Perpetualh@gmail.com
Perpetualpachuco@yahoo.com
FOLLOW @PAJewelry

Being Sold at: